Parenthexis Personal Data Protection Statement
Parenthexis Pte Ltd (collectively referred to herein as “Parenthexis”, “us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to protect the privacy of individuals and recognises the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly protect, manage, process and disclose your personal data. As such, this Personal Data Protection Statement is to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and/or disclose your personal data.
We will collect, use and disclose your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”) under Singapore law. In general, subject to applicable exceptions permitted in the Act, before we collect any personal data from you, we will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed, as well as obtain consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the intended purpose.
We may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
• your name, national registration identification card number, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
• information about your use of Parenthexis’ websites and services, including cookies and IP address but only to the extent that Parenthexis may identify you from such information;
• your employment history, education background and income levels;
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
• when you submit an application form or other forms relating to any of our products or services;
• when you register for or use any of our services on websites owned or operated by us or when you register as a member of websites owned and/or operated by us, or use services on such websites;
• when you interact with our agents, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
• when you use some of our services e.g. our subscription service;
• when you establish any online accounts with us;
• when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing lists;
• when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents;
• when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data, promotions or other initiatives;
• when you submit a job application or any other applications;
• when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
• when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not automatically collect Personal Data at our website unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
Purpose for the Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
Generally, we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• responding to your queries, feedback, complaints and requests;
• resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
• managing the administrative and business operations of Parenthexis and complying with internal policies and procedures;
• facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sales) involving any of the Companies;
• matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
• verifying your identity
• preventing, detecting and investigating crime, and analysing and managing other commercial risks;
• protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
• conducting audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes, action planning and managing commercial risks;
• preventing, detecting and investigating crime;
• compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or
• any other purpose relating to any of the above
• In addition, we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes if you submit an application to us as a student or learner:
• evaluating your application to be a student or learner with us;
• to verify and process your personal particulars in relation to your account with us;
• maintaining your account with us;
• communicating with you to inform you of changes and development to Parenthexis policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information, including for the purposes of servicing you in relation to products and services offered to you;
• administering and managing your relationship as our learner, including candidature matters, fees, your degree or certification;
• the processing of your Personal data in relation to any of the purposes stated above.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Parenthexis will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, this Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
• Parenthexis’ related agencies and employees so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way;
• vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by Parenthexis or its preferred partners;
• any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
• our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
• relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
• any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data.
Request for Access, Correction and / or Withdrawal of Personal Data
Please contact us at email@example.com if you:
• have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
• wish to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
• wish to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records.
Kindly note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party, you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback, and access and correction requests to Parenthexis on your behalf.
Kindly note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, Parenthexis may not be in a position to continue to provide its products or services to you or administer any contractual relationship in place, and this may also result in the termination of any agreements with Parenthexis and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and Parenthexis’ legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
Cookies: Privacy and Our Website
When visiting our Sites, you will not be required to provide us with any Personal Data unless you request information about our product or service, or provide feedback, in which case, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your request.
Our Sites may contain links to other sites whose Data Protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and we encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Parenthexis reserves the right to change this policy with or without notice.